Friday, September 25, 2009

Would you be willing to pray this prayer from Proverbs 30:7-9?

We dare you to pray this prayer....

"Two things I ask of you, O LORD;
       do not refuse me before I die:

Keep falsehood and lies far from me;
       give me neither poverty nor riches,
       but give me only my daily bread.

Otherwise, I may have too much and disown you
       and say, 'Who is the LORD ?'
       Or I may become poor and steal,
       and so dishonor the name of my God."

~Proverbs 30:7-9




Reminds me of a worship song we sing in youth group by Charlie Hall called "All We Need". Here are the powerful lyrics...
 
Rich or poor God I want You more
Than anything that glitters in this world

Be my all, all consuming fire
 
You can have all my hands can hold
My heart, mind, strength and soul
Be my all, all consuming fire


All we need, all we need, all we need is You
All we need, all we need, all we need is You

1 comment: